ALL KMG BEAR DOCUMENTARIES ON DVD ARE NOW ON SALE $19.95 EACH, NO MATTER THE LENGTH! Get the set of 6 and save another $10! The first four of these DVDs are all about American Black Bears, the fifth is Asia Bears (Giant Panda - Sloth Bears - Sun Bears), and the sixth is about the bears in North America (American Black Bears - Brown Bears (including Grizzly and Kodiak) - Polar Bears! Our bears are perfect for yourself or that bear lover in your family or circle of friends. See more detailed descriptions of individual DVDs on this website. You may order them singly on this website or as a discounted set during our special sales. Shipped USPS Media mail. Here is a brief description of each:
1. "American Black Bear" is an overview of black bears, including diet, behavior, habitat, safety, rescue, and bears in the four seasons. Rare footage includes a stand-off between two adult bears in a walnut grove, with cubs in the tree, and rescuing several cubs in the snows of New Mexico.
2. "Black Bear Cubs" is all about young American Black Bear cubs starting as newborns in the winter den, babies until adult. Rare footage includes family life, with tiny little cubs in the winter den with mama bear, and little cubs in the woods with mama bear, and on up to sub-adult and adult bears. As in the first, bear trees are highlighted here, what a sight!
3. "True Bear Stories" are great dramatic and comical tales told by the folks who met those black bears, from Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, California and Alaska. Rare photographs include a bear being rescued in the sea, video and photos of rescuing a bear cub with his head stuck in a jar, a mama bear trying to get her cub untangled from a net, and more.
4. "Southern Bears" is all about bears in 9 states from Arkansas to North Carolina, their habitat, challenges, diet, history and research. 3+ hours on 3 discs all with fantastic footage of wild bears. Includes physical characteristics of several sub-species of American Black Bear, with video of white Kermodi American Black Bears in Britiish Columbia and Eastern American Black Bears as the predominant sub-species of bears shown. Several bear experts share their knowledge of black bears, from U.S. Geological survey, National Park Service and 9 southern wildlife State Agencies. (Includes a special segment on bear and people management with great stories from Great Smoky Mountains National Park in East Tennessee and North Carolina.)
5. "Elusive and Imperiled" is about Asia bears, Giant Panda (China), Sun Bear (Borneo) and Sloth Bear (Sri Lanka), all in trouble with habitat destruction and poaching.
6. "North America's Bears" is all about our bears - Brown Bears, American Black Bears, Polar Bears! 3 hours (on 3 discs) of fantastic videos, bear experts, and BEAUTIFUL BEARS! Video locations include: Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Yellowstone National Park, The Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, Yosemite National Park, Katmai National Park and Preserve, Glacier National Park, Southern Hudson Bay Region, Southern Beaufort Sea / Arctic, North Georgia, and remote Montana locations. Experts and film from National Park Service, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Department of Fish and Wildlife Service, University of Tennessee, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks, NOAA / U.S. Coast Guard, and Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources (Trent University). All segments are fascinating, including the research of an American Black Bear in Louisiana that suddenly emerged out of a hole in a tree as the biologist climbed up, and closeup of a black bear we filmed flipping large rocks in a dry creek bed . . . and more.
Shipped directly from the producers at Kate Marshall Graphics in Georgia. Shipped to all U.S. states - message us here for rates to U.S. Protectorates and Territories. All KMG DVDs are guaranteed against manufacturing defects. Contact us through this website.